Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: question - KnMnM

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Shia's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 3rd, 2003
    Posts
    78
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ok, since I spent the last 3 days searching the net for scanlations or at least translations (*desperate*) of "Kohri no Mamono no Monogatari" (= Ice cold demon's tale)and ended up with a few scanlated chapters from different volumes (lets say it would be 2 volumes in total if the chapters would actually belong together ^^;; ) I thought I might as well ask here, if anyone is in posession of some scanlations of that manga? or knows a site with scanlations? (even though I doubt it, I think I searched almost every site related to x_X; )

    argh, I'm really desperate cause I simply love that manga and want to read more ^^ (my god, there are something about 20 volumes out there and I think I'll never be able to even read 4 *dies*
    and it's so sweet and cute and and and... >.< )

    well, I just thought I might ask since there are so many clever and helpful people here on this board [img]graemlins/wilted.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img]

    thanks anyway [img]smile.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Risu-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 10th, 2003
    Posts
    659
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Never actually seen it, so I can't tell you if these will actually help you or not, but here's my three best listing-everything sources:

    1. www.dailymanga.net -- keeps a running daily tally of what new episodes are released on what websites {French and English only as far as I know}

    2. www.noated.com -- these used to be my #1 until they inexplicably booted S-C.net and haven't put them back yet. >.<

    3. MangaProject's IRC channel. {Look for Milfeuille if she's on and you want to talk to a human; she runs a library of as much as she's found, and also was nice and immediately took down S-C.net's stuff when I told her about their no-redistribution policy. If she's not on, get on to pretty much any anime/manga-related channel on mircx.com and look for MangaBot. It's an IRC robot, but it's got a fairly extensive collection...}

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Anime Goddess's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    237
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    well I have a website that translate them ^0^ I just love that Manga too *_* Ohhh I wish I owned it >.<
    But see there is a problem...there site is down right now -_-;; I guess they had an overload problem or something like that. So for now it is down but I will keep you informed if you would like me too. And if you really want the website I will give it to you. I have only gotten up to Vol.2 pg 1-20...But I just hope they fix the problem so I could see more of it.....

    <font color="#660033" size="1">[ April 23, 2003 08:24 PM: Message edited by: Yaoi Manga Girl ]</font>

    <font color="#660033" size="1">[ April 23, 2003 08:26 PM: Message edited by: Yaoi Manga Girl ]</font>

  4. #4
    HB Forum Owner crisisdreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2002
    Posts
    382
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hmmm...I ran across a site called Obsession (it's not Mayu's Obsession site at ob-session.cjb.net but it's still a yaoi site called "obsession". ^^**) and it has chapters of Ice Cold Demon's tale on it. I'm not sure of the URL though, but I think doing a search for it should work.
    ...

    Hmmm...blackfrost.org? I suddenly had a vague recollection of it's URL.

    Oh, and for Noated.com. ^^ Figured out why we were booted. It *does* have to do with yaoi, but it's because we have "yaoi" in our search engine word. Obsession lists all of their titles, but they never actually have the word "yaoi" in their search string so they're still there. A few other sites with yaoi in their search string were booted too. *sigh* Why can't everyone love yaoi? X__x
    I tried resubmitting our site without the yaoi search string, but it looks like the updater remembers us. ~.^ (and still hasn't responded to my mail. ;___; )

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Risu-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 10th, 2003
    Posts
    659
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Blackfrost.org is the "real" URL behind the CJB.net redirector for Mayu's Obsession... since it's the only one I've run into, I can't guess about the location of the other one...

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Anime Goddess's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    237
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ohh.. LOOKIE LOOKIE! There site is up ^^ well not really but they have the first part up of the Manga up ^^ See this section isn't on thier website cause they had a Major over load of bandwith >.< But I suggest you join there yahoo groups section ^^ Here is the section for thier yahoo groups

    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/essence_purity

    I think you would be better off joining this if you want too cause it would explain a lot.
    And here is the website. But it isn't really up only the warrning page and thier main page are up at the momment. The site should be up by Mon. But who knows.

    http://www.controversity.net/purity/page_warning.html

    And if you could use IRC they are also on there. Here is thier IRC #mangacentral on irc.mircx.com (Manga Bot)

    But the website that has the Koori Mangas, I don't know if they would like me posting it but I will send it to you through e-mail. Just incase they don't want me posting it ^^;;; I hope this helps ^^

    I sent you the address to your E-mail not to your Private Messeges [img]wink.gif[/img]

    <font color="#660033" size="1">[ April 23, 2003 10:29 PM: Message edited by: Yaoi Manga Girl ]</font>

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Shia's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 3rd, 2003
    Posts
    78
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    @ everyone: thanks thanks thanks [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

    @ risu-chan: thanks ^^ for the links, I had already tried noated.com but the dailymanga.net link is really great (uhm, even though it didn't actually help with this particular manga search, but anyway, a great link)

    @yaoi manga girl: thanks for the essence of purity page link ^^ I came upon it quite a few times during my search, but it was still down at that time.
    I've joined the yahoo group section now ^^

    as for IRC.. I'v actually always been scared off by really *long* tutorials that usually started with "if you don't follow the instructions below you'll be banned and hated" [img]graemlins/bat.gif[/img]
    and since I know that I can be such a slow, silly newbie at new things I stayed away from irc till now...
    but maybe I shouldn't be such a chicken and give it a try ^^

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Anime Goddess's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    237
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ya I know what you mean with IRC -_-;; I tried to learn it but it didn't exactly work out >___< I tried everything and I still don't get it 0.o
    But your welcome ^^ I am more then glad to help you ^0^

  9. #9
    Inactive Member tenjou_sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    614
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I only use IRC as a last resort to get manga...I always forget how to do certain things and then it takes me longer to download stuff XD

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Risu-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 10th, 2003
    Posts
    659
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The two biggest problems with IRC are:

    1) Nobody who's written those tutorials actually knows how to do *technical writing,* and it's a disadvantage to try to document something you know well if you also don't know how to do technical writing, because then you assume so many things are obvious that you don't write down the things a newbie needs to know.

    2) Even after you've figured out how to use the thing, there are always long waits for files, so you have to have a fast connection that's always on and you have to find a server who's also got a fast connection that's always on. And you have to not care that you're leaving an open channel for anyone who wants to deposit anything on your computer if you want such basic human functions as "food" and "sleep" while trying to download without disconnecting yourself. (Basically, IRC is the playground of university students wasting their dorm's network bandwidth allotment. ^^;; Anyone else is going to have a hard time.)

    I can't do anything about #2, but I keep thinking one of these days I ought to remedy #1. (Except fanfic is so much more fun to write! If I'm doing technical writing, that's my job, and something that's my job needs to pay money... @_@)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •